Welcome to Birchwood Medical Practice
Our team – led by six doctors and encompassing nursing, physiotherapy, pharmacy, dispensing, administrative, secretarial, reception and managerial staff – aims to provide efficient, effective and sympathetic healthcare to over 11500 registered patients.
- We aim to treat you with courtesy and respect at all times.
- To provide emergency care when it is needed.
- To fully discuss the care and treatment we can offer.
- To refer you for further investigations/opinion when you and your doctor agree it is necessary.
- To keep your records confidential.
- To investigate fully and provide a prompt response to any complaint you make.
Birchwood is part of a local Primary Care Network (PCN) along with our neighbouring practices – Aldborough, Cromer, Mundesley and Paston. PCNs were introduced in July 2019 with the aim of developing closer links between general practice (your GP surgery), community services and secondary care (hospitals). At present they are in the very early stages of their development.
Keeping our practice Covid-free
As the Covid pandemic continues, whilst we will be seeing patients for face to face consultations where necessary, the majority of appointments will take place by telephone or video consultation.
If you have to attend the surgery please wear a face covering.
If you have:
- a new continuous cough
- high temperature
- loss of taste or smell
DO NOT attend the practice but stay at home and click on the following link for Coronavirus information and advice.
If you believe you might at risk, visit the NHS111 service to find out what to do next.